1. My heart goes out to everyone affected by the tornado in Oklahoma. I had tears in my eyes watching this video.
2. I’d snap this swimsuit top up in a heartbeat…if only they had my size.
4. Summer’s coming, and this looks like a tasty salad for picnics.
5. The awesome Hungry Runner Girl blogged about this event. Fighting childhood obesity is such an important cause. This would be a great 5K to bring the whole family out for, especially since kids 12 & under are free!
7. In My Dreams, I Live Here: A Cabin in Vermont Yes. Yes to all of it. Yes to that bedroom, yes to the neutral paint swatches by the fireplace, yes to the claw foot bath tub, and especially yes to the cozy reading nook. Genius.
8. One of my goals for this year is to get more involved with the causes I’m passionate about. One f those causes is wildlife conservation, and I’ve been researching volunteer vacations. How exhilarating would it be to study sharks? Or to gain the trust of and help rehabilitate wild mustangs?
9. Curious about chi running? If you’re in the Bay Area, check out this great deal on LivingSocial.
I hope you enjoy your three days of freedom this Memorial Day weekend! May they be filled with fun, sun, and your beverage of choice.
Above all else, remember to be safe. AAA has a Tipsy Tow program that offers free tows if you’ve had one too many, and you don’t even have to be a member. The number is (800) 222-4357, use it if you need it!