I was so busy
sharing my incredible life wisdom going on and on about myself yesterday, I missed our regularly scheduled programming!
1. Sometimes, we come across an article or a blog post at the exact moment we need it.
“I’ve come to a realization over the years: I am not the only person who has made this choice. I discovered these common, self imposed restrictions are rather insidious, though they start out simple enough. We begin by worrying we aren’t good enough, smart enough or talented enough to get what we want, then we voluntarily live in this paralyzing mental framework, rather than confront our own role in this paralysis. Just the possibility of failing turns into a dutiful self-fulfilling prophecy. We begin to be believe that these personal restrictions are in fact, the fixed limitations of the world. We go on to live our lives, all the while wondering what we can change and how we change it, and we calculate and re-calculate when we will be ready to do the things we want to do. And we dram. If only. If only. One day. Some day.” Debbie Millman
2. One of my besties gifted me a three-month subscription to Whimseybox. I. Am. So. Excited.
3. I made these chocolate chip cookies last week…so rich but so delicious. Be grateful the recipe only makes 20 cookies.
4. Love to write? Love to read? Love to spin a yarn or two? Check this event out.
5. I’m 5’2″ and it’s difficult for me to find a maxi dress that doesn’t drag on the floor, but I’m so envious of the easy breezy cuteness of them. I impulse bought this one, but am trying to decide how I feel about the sheer skirt.
6. I loved Spirit of the Marathon (not gonna lie, tears were shed), and I’m so excited they’re coming out with a sequel. I will be attending!
7. Turning colorful interviews into catchy tunes is so trendy, but it gets me everytime!
8. Here are some tips to quickly satisfy the hunger monster after a tough evening workout.
9. REI’s having their anniversary sale if you’re looking to score some new outdoor gear.
I’m out exploring a new to me location, can’t wait to share next week! Enjoy your weekend!